Nett Doors is specialized in solid wood doors production. Our products are internal and external doors made of Nordic Pine, Spruce, Oak or Hemlock. As side products we produce also garden gates and fences.
Our vision is to be the leading softwood boarded and panel door producer for servicing the customers demand in European and North American markets.
Our mission is to achieve company targets of sales and profitability by utilising sustainable raw materials and human resources.
AS Nett implements high Health & Safety standards in the factory to ensure the safest possible work environment for the employees.
The factory provides:
- A well heated, secure working enviroment,
- Personal protective equipment for all employees
- Monthly staff meetings to discuss changes in factory environment and reinforce the benefits of PPE
- Fully trained first aid personnel
- Designated Health & Safety specialist
- Regular risk assessment surveys
- Continuous and regularly reviewed action plan for reducing H&S risks in the working environment.
Fire-safety audits take place annually. New workers are instructed about the fire safety rules in the factory as part of their induction, before they are allowed to work.
Employees of AS Nett are trained for evacuation and for using the fire extinguisher. Relevant trainings are made annually. Assembly points and evacuation routes are displayed on the company noticeboard.
AS Nett is committed to reduce any possible negative environmental impacts caused by the activity of the company!
AS Nett is purchasing all raw materials from controlled sources, in order to avoid any illegally harvested timber entering into our production process. AS Nett is certified according to FSC standards and is implementing supply chain due diligence control system.
100% of the packing materials delivered to AS Nett with supplied materials are reused.
- Paper and cardboard is collected into special container and sent to reuse facility.
- Plastic materials are pressed into cubes and sent to reuse facility.
- Wooden bearers and pallets are crushed and used for heating pellets manufacturing or some pallets are reused in production.
AS Nett uses in aspiration system a filter technology, which returns 100% of the warm air into the factory. Therefore less heating energy is needed from the boiler and the CO2 amount from wood burning is reduced. AS Nett obtains emission permission from Estonian Environmental Board.
As heating material there is used in AS Nett only fast regenerating natural resource – wood.
AS Nett uses in production operations the most energy saving technologies available:
- In aspiration system is used under-pressure filter, which means the fans are working with lower work-load and use less energy, than in over-pressure filter systems,
- Shrink-packing thermo tunnel is equipped with an eco-therm addition, which reduces the lost heat-energy amount during work process. The remaining minimized loss of heat energy is used for heating the production halls,
- Heat from the compressors cooling system is used for heating of production halls,
- In compressed air systems are applied regular checks to remove any possible leaks and to achieve better energy use.
All wastes occurring during operation of AS Nett factory will be reused:
- All wooden wastes (sawdust and defected components) are reused for heating pellets,
- All paper and plastic wastes are recycled.
Nett Doors main export markets are United Kingdom, Germany, France and Sweden.
16.03.1998 – AS Nett was founded. The main activity in the beginning was timber products trading from Estonian producers to European customers.
2002 – AS Nett took over a production facility in Viljandi, and a new factory hall building was started.
2003 – New 1000 m2 factory was finished and AS Nett started production of softwood doors, production volume around 2 000 doors per month in one shift.
2005-2008 – 1st investment period into machines, Viljandi factory space was extended by additional 1 400 m2. Production capacity was lifted up to 5 000-6 000 doors per month in one shift
2009 – Period of production effectiveness increase. Factory started piecework salary system and new layout development started. Factory introduced LEAN production principles. Production capacity has risen up to 8 000-9 000 doors per month in one shift.
2010 – 2012 - 2nd investment and factory development period. Both for factory infrastructure, modern machines and automatisation. . Production capacity lifted to 11 000 – 12 000 doors per month in one shift.
2013 - 2014 - Nett Doors brand launched focusing on sales & marketing, maintaining the increased trend on labour efficiency.
2015 - 2016 - 3rd investment period. Development of new door production lines, finishing line and further automatisation, this has created an additional production capacity of 6400 Panel doors per month on a one shift basis of which 4400 can be prefinished.
2017 – 2018 Period for developing new markets to utilize the additional production capacity.